Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 12 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 12"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1218 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner in New Hampshire quiet a squealing shower.… more
- Episode #1217 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Biloxi, Mississippi where he builds a high tunnel greenhouse with a homeowner… more
- Episode #1216 of Season 12 of Ask This TOH
- Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. … more
- Episode #1215 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom helps a homeowner fit a boxspring mattress up a narrow staircase.… more
- Episode #1214 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom repairs a rotted porch post. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.… more
- Episode #1213 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Santa Fe to learn about "waffle gardening," a method of growing vegetables in an arid climate.… more
- Episode #1212 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post.… more
- Episode #1211 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post. Kevin explains the difference between cement, concrete, and mortar. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1210 of Season twelve of ATOH
- Roger visits New Mexico to install an irrigation system designed to work in a desert climate.… more
- Episode #1209 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom demonstrates many uses for a router. Richard replaces an air conditioning unit that freezes when it runs. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1208 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection… more
- Episode #1207 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger and a homeowner plant a maple tree. Richard heads to Indianapolis to begin work on a new master bathroom in a basement. And the guys ask What Is It?… more
- Episode #1206 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tommy and Kevin replace a leaky skylight. Richard repairs a noisy toilet. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1205 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Kevin visits Santa Fe and explores the Santa Fe style of architecture.… more
- Episode #1204 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom installs a pre-hung front door. Roger plants in big containers. And "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1203 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard replaces a leaking kitchen faucet with a new hands-free model. Kevin explains rechargeable batteries.… more
- Episode #1202 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
Original Air Date: Week of October 10, 2012
Roger builds a garden bed for chile pepper plants in New Mexico. Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange. And the guys ask "What Is It?"
Where to find it?
Expert assistance with this project was provided by Dr. Stephanie Walker of the Chile Pepper Institute and Joran Viers of the Bernalillo County Cooperative Extension Services.
Roger built the raised bed out of 2x12 redwood with 2x4 supports. Redwood is available at many lumber yards and is preferred because it is naturally rot resistant.
The soil that Roger used was a mix of native sandy loam and compost. It was purchased from Soilutions.
Roger installed a drip tape irrigation system with components that can be purchased from a home center or irrigation supplier.
The Chile Pepper Institute provided the following chile cultivars:
'NuMex Joe E. Parker'
Roger and Stephanie shopped for chile peppers at Farmer's Market.
They sampled New Mexican cuisine at:
Mary and Tito's Cafe
2711 4th Street NW
Albuquerque, NM 87107
What Is It?
Kevin shows an orange plastic tool shaped like a cross and the guys try to guess its intended use.
Where to find it?
The Heimlich Helper self assist choking device is manufactured by Big John Products
Repairing a Toilet Flange
Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange.
Where to find it?
Richard used a PVC repair closet flange with an adjustable gasket to connect to the existing cast iron drain pipe. Repair flanges are available at specialty plumbing suppliers.
Richard used the SaniSeal Toilet Gasket, a flexible wax-free gasket to seal the connection between the toilet and the flange.
Expert assistance with this project was provided by Central Plumbing & Heating of Wakefield, MA.
- Episode #1201 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- The twelfth season of Ask This Old House begins with Kevin teaching the guys how to use Twitter… more