Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 12 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 12"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1218 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard helps a homeowner in New Hampshire quiet a squealing shower.… more
- Episode #1217 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Biloxi, Mississippi where he builds a high tunnel greenhouse with a homeowner… more
- Episode #1216 of Season 12 of Ask This TOH
- Richard visits a historic home in Mobile, Alabama and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. … more
- Episode #1215 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom helps a homeowner fit a boxspring mattress up a narrow staircase.… more
- Episode #1214 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom repairs a rotted porch post. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.… more
- Episode #1213 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Roger visits Santa Fe to learn about "waffle gardening," a method of growing vegetables in an arid climate.… more
- Episode #1212 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post.… more
- Episode #1211 of Season 12 of ATOH
- Tom heads to Seattle to install crown molding. Roger replaces a rotted fence post. Kevin explains the difference between cement, concrete, and mortar. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1210 of Season twelve of ATOH
- Roger visits New Mexico to install an irrigation system designed to work in a desert climate.… more
- Episode #1209 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom demonstrates many uses for a router. Richard replaces an air conditioning unit that freezes when it runs. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1208 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- In this special episode, Richard visits Oklahoma to install a safe room for tornado protection… more
- Episode #1207 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger and a homeowner plant a maple tree. Richard heads to Indianapolis to begin work on a new master bathroom in a basement. And the guys ask What Is It?… more
- Episode #1206 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tommy and Kevin replace a leaky skylight. Richard repairs a noisy toilet. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1205 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Kevin visits Santa Fe and explores the Santa Fe style of architecture.… more
- Episode #1204 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Tom installs a pre-hung front door. Roger plants in big containers. And "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1203 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Richard replaces a leaking kitchen faucet with a new hands-free model. Kevin explains rechargeable batteries.… more
- Episode #1202 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
- Roger builds a garden bed for chile pepper plants in New Mexico. Richard repairs a leaky toilet with a worn out flange. And the guys ask "What Is It?"… more
- Episode #1201 of Season 12 of Ask TOH
Original Air Date: Week of October 3, 2012
The twelfth season of Ask This Old House begins with Kevin teaching the guys how to use Twitter. Tom replaces an old, rusted bulkhead door. Richard discusses several ways to get hot water without waiting. And the guys ask "What Is It?"
Replacing a Bulkhead Door
Tom replaces an old, rusty bulkhead door with a new one.
Where to find it?
Tom installed an RD model door, manufactured by Gordon Corporation
What Is It?
Roger shows a red plastic ball with a steel loop and the guys try to guess its intended use.
Where to find it?
The "Red Sphere" traps are used to prevent apple maggots from destroying fruit trees. They are manufactured by Contech.
Richard shows several types of recirculation pumps, which are designed to get hot water to a faucet faster.
Where to find it?
The recirculation pump with a built-in check valve, timer, and aquastat is model no. UP-10. The recirculation pump that installs near a water heater but does not require a separate recirculation line is the Comfort System (model no. UP-15). Both are manufactured by Grundfos
The pump that monitors and repeats your water use patterns is the SmartPlus pump. The pump that installs under a lavatory and does not require a separate recirculation line is the D'Mand System. Both of these are manufactured by Taco-HVAC
Expert assistance with this segment was provided by Urell and Emerson Swann.