Find more information on Ask This Old House episodes, or more information on products and services you saw on Ask This Old House.
Ask This Old House does not endorse any product or service mentioned within this Web site.
Sort by Season
Select a Season:
Season 11 Show Descriptions
Showing results for "Season 11"
Scan the episodes below and select "more" to get information on products or services you saw on that episode.
- Episode #1126 of Season 11 of Ask TOH
- Host Kevin O'Connor travels to Chicago to learn how subway trains are serviced… more
- Episode #1125 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- Host Kevin O'Connor works with an expert to fabricate and install custom concrete countertops.… more
- Episode #1124 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- Master electrician Scott Caron installs several types of surge protection… more
- Episode #1123 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- General contractor Tom Silva and host Kevin O'Connor demonstrate how to use all types of ladders safely… more
- Episode #1122 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- General contractor Tom Silva helps a homeowner solve the mystery of her melted vinyl siding… more
- Episode #1121 of Season 1 of AskTOH
- Plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey and host Kevin O'Connor install a ductless heat pump to heat and cool a room… more
- Episode #1120 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- Plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey visits Cortland, Illinois, to learn how corn is harvested and then to help a homeowner insulate ductwork… more
- Episode #1119 of Season 11 of Ask TOH
- Episode #1119 of Season Eleven of Ask This Old House… more
- Episode #1118 of Season 11 if AskTOH
- In the workshop, general contractor Tom Silva and host Kevin O'Connor build a storage bench for an entryway… more
- Episode #1117 of season 11 of AskTOH
- Host Kevin O'Connor meets appliance repairman Richie Isaacson to learn how to maintain kitchen appliances… more
- Episode #1116 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- Master electrician Scott Caron helps a homeowner hang a flat panel television on the wall and conceal all the wiring… more
- Episode #1115 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- Plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey heads to Cheyenne, Wyoming to help a homeowner install a toilet… more
- Episode #1114 of Season 11 of AskTOH
- Host Kevin O'Connor heads to Del Ray Beach, Florida to restore Terrazzo floors… more
- Episode #1113 of Season 1 of AskTOH
- Landscape contractor Roger Cook helps a homeowner temporarily transplant a mature rose bush while exterior work takes place… more
- Episode #1112 of Season 1 of AskTOH
- Host Kevin O'Connor and electrician Scott Caron head to Denver to install a ceiling fan on a cathedral ceiling… more
- Episode #1111 of Season 11 of ASK TOH
- In the workshop, general contractor Tom Silva demonstrates the proper way to use hand planes… more
- Episode #1110 of Season 11 of ATOH
- Landscape contractor Roger Cook shows a homeowner how to properly mulch his garden beds… more
- Episode #1109 of Season 11 of ATOH
- General contractor Tom Silva installs interior window trim… more
- Episode #1108 of Season 11 of ATOH
- Landscape contractor Roger Cook works with a fencing contractor to install a vinyl privacy fence… more
- Episode #1107 of Season 11 of ATOH
- Plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey heads to Colorado Springs to install a brand new kitchen sink and faucet… more
- Episode #1106 of Season 11 of ATOH
- In this special episode, the guys visit New York City… more
- Episode #1105 of Season 11 of ATOH
- Landscape contractor Roger Cook heads to Miami to help a homeowner plant several varieties of palm trees in her front yard… more
- Episode #1104 of Season 11 of ATOH
- Landscape contractor Roger Cook helps a homeowner lay sod in his backyard… more
- Episode #1103 of Season 11 of ATOH
Original Air Date: Week of October 18, 2012
General contractor Tom Silva builds a custom fireplace mantel for a homeowner. Then, Roger shares some tips about garden edging. Afterward, Richard helps a homeowner repair a leaking kitchen faucet.
Custom Fireplace Mantel
Tom helps a homeowner build a custom fireplace mantel.
Where to find it?
Tom used 5/4 x8 and 1x8 poplar lumber to construct the mantel, which is available at lumberyards.
Tom fastened the mantel together using pocket screws and a pocket screw jig, which are both manufactured by Kreg Tools and available at specialty woodworking stores.
The cordless nailer that Tom used is manufactured by Bostich .
The power tools that Tom used, including the portable table saw, compound miter saw, and cordless drill were manufactured by DeWalt.
ASK Roger: Landscape Edging
Roger shares some tips for using garden edging.
Where to find it?
Plastic edging like the kind Roger demonstrated is available at home centers.
Bricks and cobblestones for edging are available from a masonry supply yard.
Metal landscape edging is available through landscape suppliers.
Repairing a Leaky Faucet
Richard helps a homeowner repair her leaky kitchen faucet.
Where to find it?
The faucet that Richard repaired was manufactured by Delta Faucets. Richard purchased a repair kit that included a new ball, seats, and springs at The Home Depot.
In the loft, Richard showed a newer style of kitchen faucet valve, which is the Diamond Seal Technology valve, also manufactured by Delta Faucets. Replacement Diamond Seal Technology valves can be purchased through a plumbing supply store.
- Episode #1102 of Season 11 of ATOH
- Landscape contractor Roger Cook helps a homeowner install a bluestone patio in an urban backyard.… more
- Episode #1101 of Season 11 of ATOH
- General contractor Tom Silva kicks off the 11th season of Ask This Old House by helping a couple transform stock shelving into a custom built-in… more