Floor Plan After: Spacious (Almost) Square
The unimpeded, almost square footprint, with a 6-foot table in the center, feels much more spacious.
1. Set the stove between ample countertops where the cooktop had been.
2. Installed a bank of tall cabinets with rollout shelves, tucking in the counter-depth refrigerator for a tidy look.
3. Used open shelves around the stove to display dishware.
4. Centered the sink below a window and added dishwasher drawers to either side.
5. Created a cozy sitting area with a rocker and low bookshelves.