Floor Plan After: Disguising Solution
A clever built-in and other design solutions disguise the space's awkward features.
1. Made the fireplace more of a focal point by adding doors and creating a floor-to-ceiling fireplace surround.
2. Preserved a comfortable flow in the space by positioning the bed and other furniture along the long wall away from the doors.
3. Built in a bench seat to fill an oddly angled corner just beyond the fireplace.
4. Added a quasi-arch detail where the ceiling height suddenly changes, defining a seating area separate from the sleeping area.
5. Used generously sized bedside tables to balance the king-size bed and provide needed storage.