Floor Plan After: Shift for Function
Shifting an opening 20 inches allowed for a more functional layout in the same footprint plus more storage and prep space.
1. Centered the opening, which allowed cabinets to go up on the adjacent wall.
2. Moved the fridge to the range's old spot and added upper cabinets.
3. Relocated the range and flanked it with utensil drawers and prep space.
4. Created a cleanup zone under the window and lined the wall with storage.
5. Wrapped more cabinets and prep space around the wall where the fridge had stood.
6. Incorporated a clutter-reducing appliance garage under a pantry cabinet.