flooded house, TOH TV Jersey Shore Rebuilds
Photo: Kevin O'Connor
« »

Is Your House Covered?

Hard fact: Flood damage is not covered in standard homeowners or renters insurance policies, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.

That means: You will need to purchase separate flood insurance. Check the FEMA site floodsmart.gov for information about how to buy flood insurance and a list of licensed flood-insurance sales agencies in the U.S.

Ask TOH users about Safety & Prevention

Contribute to This Story Below