lampshade on fire, holiday disaster
Photo: Steen Larsen/The Image Bank/Getty
« »

Lamps Ablaze

"When I was a kid, at an annual formal neighborhood Christmas-Eve party, a lampshade caught on fire while Santa was visiting with the kids. As it went up in flames, the host grabbed it and ran to the bathtub with his toddler-daughter in the other arm. I, in my 8-year old wisdom, promptly went and called the fire department. Thankfully, no further harm was done, and an adult called the fire department to say there was no need for them to come."

—Sarah G.

[Editor's note: For safety's sake, you should always let the fire department come anyway.]
Ask TOH users about Home & Real Estate

Contribute to This Story Below