Sealing up the side window opened up space for a smarter layout, and a wider opening to the dining room made the same footprint feel larger.
1. Moving the sink and getting rid of its old window allowed maximum storage and prep space to flank the relocated range.
2. A space-enhancing 5-foot opening replaced the swinging door.
3. The sink moved to the back wall, below three new windows that overlook the backyard.
4. The narrow island fits the room's proportions while providing prep, storage, and socializing space.
5. The fridge's tucked-away spot helps maintain a clean sight line between the dining room and the kitchen.