These lightweight variable-speed multitaskers reach into tight spaces to sand, saw, scrape, and grind wood; cut metal; and remove grout.
What to look for
1. An LED to illuminate dark corners.
2. An easy way to swap blades, like this tool-free lever.
3. A handy variable-speed dial.
4. A slim shape with a tactile grip.
5. Rubbery bumpers to protect your workpieces.
Attachments: Clockwise from top left: paint/adhesive scraper, sanding pad, semicircular saw blade, carbide-grit grout remover, caulk scraper, plunge-cut blade