A View of The Harbor
The house they fell for had been constructed in three stages. The original section was a classic three-quarter Cape Cod, with two windows to the left of the front door and one to the right. It was enlarged in 1790 with a two-and-a-half-story ell, which added upstairs bedrooms. The newest part of the building, a one-story "shed" containing a commercial kitchen, had been slapped onto the side of the ell addition when the property was converted to dining use in the 1960s.
Shown: The original entry, with its simple but elegant pine woodwork, looks out onto the harbor at the end of Cape Cod.