"One year, on the day before Christmas, my daughter put her turkey into the utility tub in her first-floor laundry room to finish defrosting. She turned on the water and then became distracted, while the water continued to fill. By the time she realized and ran to the room, the tub had (of course) overflowed and the laundry room floor was flooded. The worse part was that the water leaked through to the basement and onto the table where she had all her Christmas presents wrapped! Her brother came to look after her toddler, while I helped her try to dry out all the gifts and rewrap them. It is a day we will never forget!"
PA Galvia thisoldhouse.com Community11 Common Holiday Hazards and How to Avoid Them