Most of the arch wall came down to open up the 210-square-foot kitchen. This allowed for a more workable layout with an island for added prep space.
1. Removed the soffits to accentuate the 12-foot ceilings.
2. Opened up the room by demolishing an arched passageway that divided the space in two.
3. Rehung the swinging door to the dining room, which had been stored in the basement.
4. Put in a range to unite the cooktop and the wall oven; shifted the fridge to this wall for a more open feel.
5. Added an island for a central work surface and to replace lost cabinet space.
6. Replaced all the windows but kept the existing casings and reused all the hardware