This new crop of chain saws possesses the perfect combination of size, weight, and speed for the weekend lumberjack. You can fell a tree for firewood or clear one after a storm. And the engines on our five favorites are a cinch to start. Let 'er rip.
What to Look for in a Chainsaw
1. A translucent gas tank or one with a window to check the fuel level.
2. A tool-less tensioner for quick and easy chain adjustments.
3. An easy-start system, paired with a primer bulb, that fires up the engine with fewer pulls.
4. A handle spacious enough to hold down with your boot during starts.
5. A blade brake you can comfortably nudge with your wrist.