Floor Plan: After
The footprint stayed the same, while two walls of built-ins help the spare bedroom multitask as a storage and sewing room.
1. Rebuilt the wall where the closet was absorbed by the adjacent bath.
2. Opened up the room by shortening a wall that jutted past the entry.
3. Added cabinets for dresser storage, with niches for the TV and its components.
4. Built in a bed with drawers, a to-the-ceiling headboard, and nightstands topped with open shelving.
5. Created a work zone with a desk big enough for sewing and surfing the Web.