Adding 55 square feet allowed the hall doorway to move and the layout and traffic flow to improve. The space was also opened up more to the dining room, creating a spot for the peninsula.
1. Took down a wall to annex the laundry room and put the fridge and a new pantry near the largest prep space.
2. Shifted a doorway to improve traffic flow and create a place
for the wall ovens.
3. Widened the passage to the dining room for a more open connection, making room for a peninsula and stools.
4. Replaced the exterior door with a salvaged Dutch door, which invites in fresh air and friendly neighbors.
5. Added prep and cleanup space within easy reach of the sink, microwave, fridge, and pantry.