Floor Plan: After
Adding 55 square feet allowed the hall doorway to move and the layout and traffic flow to improve. The space was also opened up more to the dining room, creating a spot for the peninsula.
1. Took down a wall to annex the laundry room and put the fridge and a new pantry near the largest prep space.
2. Shifted a doorway to improve traffic flow and create a place
for the wall ovens.
3. Widened the passage to the dining room for a more open connection, making room for a peninsula and stools.
4. Replaced the exterior door with a salvaged Dutch door, which invites in fresh air and friendly neighbors.
5. Added prep and cleanup space within easy reach of the sink, microwave, fridge, and pantry.