Eliminating a dormer and raising a section of roof freed up usable floor space. Walls went up for the relocated laundry and a new desk area.
What They Did:
1. Took down a dormer and raised the roof to fit in a toilet room, tub alcove, and shower enclosure.
2. Created a desk alcove that acts as a buffer between the bedroom and the bath.
3. Added a closet inside the bath to hold a stacked washer and dryer, as well as a laundry cabinet and an open shelf for easy-access supplies.
4. Put in a two-sink vanity, with recessed open shelves in the sidewalls in lieu of medicine cabinets.
5. Built in two sets of deep drawers, one in knee-wall space, eliminating the need for bedroom dressers.