Closets gobbled up space in the 126-square-foot bath, and taking a shower meant climbing up and into the tub. The footprint stayed the same, but the closets were exiled and the doorway shifted to make room for the shower and storage.
What They Did:
1. Installed large casement windows to frame the view and increase cross-ventilation.
2. Replaced the drop-in tub with an updated version of a claw-foot tub.
3. Removed the closets flanking the tub and added a shower that's open on one side.
4. Built in a double vanity with ample storage and recessed medicine cabinets, freeing the glass-front countertop cabinet for display.
5. Added a bank of cabinets, which creates a niche for the toilet and holds linens and hampers.