Two walls moved and two new ones went up to enclose the bath. The now slightly reshaped front room is an office with a closet and built-ins.
1. Rebuilt the stairs and added a window to bring light into the entry area.
2. Moved the wall for easier circulation and opened up the dining room passageway. A closet for coats and gear went just inside the new home office.
3. Inserted a powder room off the hallway.
4. Lined the backs of the bath walls with cherry built-ins for a library look in the office.
5. Tucked a desk in the far corner, between two windows. More cherry built-ins line the remaining wall.