Moving one doorway and converting a broom closet to a message center—serving area allow for more storage and prep space and smoother traffic flow in the same-size kitchen.
1. Kept the sink and dishwasher where they were.
2. Added pantry cabinets and drawers for dishes and flatware within reach of the dishwasher.
3. Turned the broom closet into a message center and serving area stocked with upper cabinets and deep drawers.
4. Moved the door that opens to the garage to create a better spot for the new pro-style range, plus prep and storage space.
5. Replaced the peninsula with one that is narrower and integrated with the rest of the countertops.
6. Gave up a cabinet to provide space for a larger fridge situated closer to prep and cooking space.