Who: Vicky H.R.
Where: Omaha, Nebr.
I researched the cost of a new brick front, sides, and rear, but it was way too expensive. I found a brick color palate that worked with our roofing colors. Then I went to the paint store to match colors with the brick sample. I started in the back of the house, working in eight-foot sections. I also used sand for paint to give the brick more texture and for blending more than one color combination at a time. The end result is wonderful. I painted all 1888 bricks, each one individually, and it took me almost 30 days, working between 6 to 8 hours a day.
Who did the work: I did all the work myself.
Cost: Under $100