man cutting turkey with an electric knife
Photo: Noel Hendrickson/Getty Images
« »

Finger Food

One year, my dad was carving the Thanksgiving turkey on the kitchen counter with an electric knife. He hit a bone, torqued the knife and nearly severed a finger. The turkey became a bio hazard, and our starving family packed in the car and sped to the ER. Hours later, all appendages intact, we returned home to a very stuffed dog who had enjoyed a feast from the beautifully laid out table of food that had been hastily abandoned. All's well that ends well!

Alanna Faith
Via Facebook


Become a fan of TOH on Facebook
Ask TOH users about Safety & Prevention

Contribute to This Story Below