Kitchen designer Donna Venegas worked with interior designer Melissa Gulley to come up with the finish materials for the Sharmas' new kitchen, striving for a mix of textures and a pop of color:
1. The custom maple cabinetry has a hand-applied milk-paint finish with visible brush strokes, for a handcrafted look. The color also sets off the cherry furniture and oak floors.
2. Dark granite on the peripheral counters lends the space a sophisticated look.
3. A natural wood countertop on the island adds warmth.
4. Glass-front cabinets accentuate the above-the-sink window.
5. A colorful green-glass mosaic-tile backsplash behind the range spices things up and provides contrast with the surrounding dark granite.
6. Bright green paint on the center-island cabinet adds a bold splash of color.
7. A white crackle-finish subway-tile backsplash gives the sink area a clean look.