bargeboard on house
Photo: Nancy Andrews
« »


A board attached to the edge of a gable roof. In house styles such as Gothic Revival and Tudor, bargeboards often bear intricate carvings or colorful painted details. Also called vergeboard or gableboard.
Ask TOH users about House Styles

Contribute to This Story Below