1. Brought in more sun. Sliding glass doors were added where an attached greenhouse was removed.
2. Added storage. To-the-ceiling cabinets, some with open cubbies, added storage and display space at both ends of the eating area.
3. Removed upper cabinets. To keep the kitchen light and bright, upper cabinets were replaced with open shelves.
4. Moved the range. The stove, formerly jammed into the corner, swapped places with the fridge and gained counter space on either side.
5. Added a counter-height table. Equipped with bar stools, it provides space for food prep—and breakfast, too.