be sure to make sure there are no open flames when you fumigate for bugs
Illustration: Eric Larson
« »

Winner: Lois Garnett, Augusta, GA

Lois Garnett, 57, of Augusta, Georgia, made a small but critical mistake when she set off an aerosol bug bomb in her home: She forgot to first snuff the pilot light on her stove. Like Cox, Lois was at home when the inevitable explosion took place—and lucky to escape harm. According to Battalion Chief Tommy Willis of Augusta Fire/Rescue, "It blew the ceiling up into the attic."

Think your blunder is prize-worthy, too? Tell us all about it and you could be featured
Ask TOH users about Safety & Prevention

Contribute to This Story Below