Grooves on the underside of composite decking can make a board lighter without compromising stiffness. Grooves in the edges of a board allow the use of hidden fasteners so no screws are visible on the deck's face.
1. Tendura, for use only on covered porches, $2.50/lineal ft.; polypropylene and waste wood fiber; lifetime limited warranty
2. Latitudes, from UFP Ventures II, Inc., $1.99-$2.09/lineal ft.; polyethylene and wood flour; 15-year limited warranty
3. ChoiceDek, from Weyerhaeuser, $1.82/lineal ft.; recycled polyethylene and recycled wood fiber; limited lifetime warranty
4. Boardwalk, from Certainteed, $2.60-$3.00/lineal ft.; PVC and wood flour/natural fibers; 10-year limited warranty
5. Floorizon, from TimberTech, $2.50-$3.00/lineal ft.; virgin polyethylene and reclaimed wood fiber; 25-year warranty