multipane windows
Photo: Nancy Andrews
« »

What's In a Name?

When purchasing replacement sashes, multipane windows with genuine glazing bars, or muntins, are often referred to as true divided lights or lites. New windows, like these, that use wooden or metal grilles or grids to simulate the look of actual muntins are generally referred to simply as "divided lites." Don't expect anybody to be fooled—even from a distance. For a more convincing re-creation of period character, check out the new simulated divided lights, custom-made to mimic the originals in every detail.
Ask TOH users about Windows

Contribute to This Story Below