How to Lay Engineered Wood Floors
, This Old House magazine
Photo: Kindra Clineff
Tap each course snugly into place with a hammer and tapping block.
Be careful not to hit the block too hard or you'll crush the tongue.
Tip: If a tongue is slightly damaged, use a utility knife to trim away just enough wood to allow the groove of the next course to fit over the damaged section.
- Helpful Info:
- Article: Patching Damaged Wood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Painting Hardwood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Heating Wood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Blotchy Hardwood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Restoring Hardwood Floors Under Carpeting
- Skill Builder: Mill Your Own Wood Flooring