How to Lay Engineered Wood Floors
, This Old House magazine
Photo: Kindra Clineff
Trim the bottoms of door casings to allow the new flooring to slip underneath.
Place a scrap of the new flooring in front of the door casing and lay a handsaw on top. Then, slowly saw through the casing. Repeat on the opposite side of the doorway.
Vacuum the entire floor to clean up all dust and debris.
- Helpful Info:
- Article: Patching Damaged Wood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Painting Hardwood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Heating Wood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Blotchy Hardwood Floors
- Ask This Old House: Restoring Hardwood Floors Under Carpeting
- Skill Builder: Mill Your Own Wood Flooring