1. Ceiling Medallion Available online or in home centers, in diameters ranging from less than 10 inches to more than 70 inches. You can order a medallion with a center hole precut or get one without a hole and cut it yourself.
2. Mild Dishwashing Soap to clean the ceiling in preparation for the installation.
3. Medium-grit Sandpaper to smooth
the medallion's center cutout.
4. Threaded Nipple to attach the light fixture
to the ceiling’s junction box. Most fixtures come with the appropriate nipple, but you may need to get a longer
one to account for the thickness of the medallion.
5. Adhesive Caulk to stick the medallion to the ceiling, fill the screw holes, and cover voids between the medallion and the ceiling, if necessary. Choose a paintable caulk such as Phenoseal Does It All or Liquid Nails All-Purpose Adhesive Caulk.
6. Trim-head Screws to fasten the medallion to the ceiling while the adhesive caulk adheres; 3½-inch screws should be long enough, though thicker medallions may require longer screws.
7. Paint to match the ceiling or the trim in the
room. A flat finish will show off the carved details best.
8. Wire Nuts to connect the light fixture.