1. Solid-Surface Wall Paneling. Look for 1/4-inch-thick material, available in large sheets at home centers or through distributors. Get the widest sheets you can find to minimize joints.
2. All Purpose Kitchen Cleaner, such as Formula 409 or Fantastik, to clean grease off the wall and prepare it for adhesive.
3. 1/4-Inch Plywood, aka luaun, to make the template.
4. Painter's Tape
5. Construction Adhesive to adhere the backsplash to the wall.
6. Tack Cloth
7. Heavy-Duty Double-Stick Tape to hold the panel in place while the adhesive sets.
8. All-Purpose Caulk to seal seams between panels and against cabinets. Get a color to match the solid-surface material, or else use clear.
9. 1x3 Pine Lumber to cap any exposed edges.
10. 1 1/2-Inch Finish Nails
11. Paint to coat any molding detail to match the backsplash material.