1. Pond Liner, which is available off the roll at garden centers or precut in kits. Buy one 4 feet longer and wider than your pond dimensions to fit 18 inches deep.
2. General Purpose Sand to cover and smooth over stones or roots. Three or four bags should be enough.
3. Newspaper or Burlap to cover the sand.
4. Scrap 2x4 to help level the pond.
5. Pea Gravel to create drainage for overflow.
6. Large Rocks to create the border and waterfall. Gather them from around the pond or buy them at a stone yard.
7. Submersible Recirculating Pump to keep water aerated and to create a waterfall. Get one that pumps 200 or fewer gallons per minute for a gentle flow.
8. Air Line Tubing to carry the water to the waterfall. Available at hardware stores or pet stores that sell fish tanks.
9. 2-inch PVC conduit to protect the buried pump