1. 3/4-inch cabinet-grade birch veneer plywood for the case and shelves. One 4x8 sheet will make the whole bookcase
2. 1/4-inch-thick birch veneer plywood for the backing. One half-sheet will cover the back of the bookcase.
3. 8-foot piece of pine bed molding to trim around bookcase top.
4. 1¼-inch pan-head pocket-hole screws
5. 6d finish nails to attach the bed molding.
6. 3d box nails for fastening the plywood back.
7. 1/4-inch-thick x 3-inch-wide hardboard strip used to mark arches onto toekick and side pieces.
8. 7/8-inch-wide heat-activated birch veneer edge banding, used to conceal edges of plywood.
9. 1x pine, for making hole-routing template for shelf pegs.
10. 8 metal shelf pegs
11. 120-grit sandpaper
12. Primer and paint, or stain and varnish