Q: The T-111 siding on the back of my house comes down within one inch of the concrete slab and is rotting and deteriorating to a point that it must be replaced. Is there a flashing, a metal or plastic material, or a method of repair I can use to prevent from deteriorating?

— Doug, Jacksonville, Florida

A: Tom Silva replies: Cut seven to nine inches off the bottom of the siding and slide a piece of metal flashing up under the siding. Then install a 2x8 or 2x10 board under the flashing and paint or stain it to match the rest of the house. By taking these steps, you'll solve your current problem and prevent future ones from happening.
Ask TOH users about Siding

Contribute to This Story Below